MS-SQL6.5 and BDE 5.00

Hi friends,

I am having a trouble with a connection to SQL6.5 using both SQL Links
and ODBC (BDE5.00). I developed my application using SQL7 and it works
just fine. But when in production it just can not find the tables (says
table <tableName> does not exist).

I am using the same BDE parameters I use in my development platform
(NT4, local SQL7) but once I enter the username and password, it just
can not find the tables and they are already in the remote server and
have the appropriate permissions.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Gerardo
Gerar...@xygnus.com

Re:MS-SQL6.5 and BDE 5.00

Gerardo Urias wrote:
> I am using the same BDE parameters I use in my development platform
> (NT4, local SQL7) but once I enter the username and password, it just
> can not find the tables and they are already in the remote server and
> have the appropriate permissions.

Check out your "Server Name" parameter in your Database component, or in
the alias that you're using on the desktops.

HTH,
Wayne

--
Bogus email address - use wgshef instead, keep the domain.

Re:MS-SQL6.5 and BDE 5.00

Gerardo Urias wrote:
> Hi friends,

> I am having a trouble with a connection to SQL6.5 using both SQL Links
> and ODBC (BDE5.00). I developed my application using SQL7 and it works
> just fine. But when in production it just can not find the tables (says
> table <tableName> does not exist).

> I am using the same BDE parameters I use in my development platform
> (NT4, local SQL7) but once I enter the username and password, it just
> can not find the tables and they are already in the remote server and
> have the appropriate permissions.

> Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

> Gerardo
> Gerar...@xygnus.com

perhaps the owner of the table is not the same (it should probably be dbo -
execute  sp_help stored procedure to see)

Andrej

Other Threads