Creating an ActiveX control from delphi

Hi,

I am new to creating in ActiveX using Delphi.

HEre is what i tried to do.

I installed a 3rd party[free] control and checked it with delphi.. then i
wanted to try making that to an Activex control.

so i choosed a new... and then ActiveX control. but from the selection box
where it shows the classes that we are going to build our control, only the
default delphi component classes showing. my third party control is not
showing in the combo box, Does it mean thta i can't create an ActiveX using
that???

any ideas?
regards
moditha

Re:Creating an ActiveX control from delphi

You can create a dummy ActiveX control from say TButton. Then go into your
generated .pas files and replace all TButton's with TYourControl. And then
go from there.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Need help on COM development?

moditha <modi...@mediasolv.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I am new to creating in ActiveX using Delphi.

> HEre is what i tried to do.

> I installed a 3rd party[free] control and checked it with delphi.. then i
> wanted to try making that to an Activex control.

> so i choosed a new... and then ActiveX control. but from the selection box
> where it shows the classes that we are going to build our control, only
the
> default delphi component classes showing. my third party control is not
> showing in the combo box, Does it mean thta i can't create an ActiveX
using
> that???

> any ideas?
> regards