Deletion of all Records

Hi there

Problem :

I delete all the records(60000 records) from a specified
table.  I close my app.  Then when I start my app again I make
the IBDatabase and IBTransaction component active.  Then when I Open() the table that I deleted the 60000 records from it takes ages before the table is opened.

It's almost like the table wasn't refreshed or flushed when I deleted all the records from the table.  Although I did a CommitRetaining() and a Commit() on the IBTransaction before I
closed the app.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx

Otto

Re:Deletion of all Records

In article <3bdfcc0c$1_2@dnews>, Otto wrote:
> I delete all the records(60000 records) from a specified
> table.  I close my app.  Then when I start my app again I make
> the IBDatabase and IBTransaction component active.  Then when I Open() the table that I deleted the 60000 records from it takes ages before the table is opened.

> It's almost like the table wasn't refreshed or flushed when I deleted all the records from the table.  Although I did a CommitRetaining() and a Commit() on the IBTransaction before I
> closed the app.

When you re-attach to your application, you are causing a sweep to happen on the table. Depending upon how many
user are in the system, you might want to drop the table and re-add it as that will be faster.

hth

Robert Schieck (TeamB)
MER Systems Inc.
Inprise/Borland/InterBase Search Engine http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html