ActionBars side by side

Are action bars always stacked top-to-bottom or is there an easy way to
place them side-by-side?

Re:ActionBars side by side

Hi Keith,
  I'm not sure I understand your question?  ActionBands function similar to
panels WRT alignment.  You can use ActionBand aligned to the
top/bottom/left/right or not at all.  What specifically is the problem you
are having?

I have two ActionBand examples on my web site here
http://www.geocities.com/delphihelp

--
-Steve
Delphi/BCB R&D

"Keith Marbach" <kmarb...@zunna.com> wrote in message

> Are action bars always stacked top-to-bottom or is there an easy way to
> place them side-by-side?

Re:ActionBars side by side

I guess I'm not exactly sure what I want either...

Ideally, there would be a native D6 component for the types of dockable
toolbars found in the D6 IDE. There isn't, is there?

"Steve Trefethen (Borland Delphi R&D)" <strefet...@nonborlandjunk.com> wrote
in message news:3bb28e8b_1@dnews...

> Hi Keith,
>   I'm not sure I understand your question?  ActionBands function similar
> panels WRT alignment.  You can use ActionBand aligned to the
> top/bottom/left/right or not at all.  What specifically is the problem you
> are having?

> I have two ActionBand examples on my web site here
> http://www.geocities.com/delphihelp

> --
> -Steve
> Delphi/BCB R&D
> Please no private email unless explicitly invited, thank you.
> http://www.geocities.com/delphihelp

> "Keith Marbach" <kmarb...@zunna.com> wrote in message
> > Are action bars always stacked top-to-bottom or is there an easy way to
> > place them side-by-side?

Re:ActionBars side by side

> Ideally, there would be a native D6 component for the types of dockable
> toolbars found in the D6 IDE. There isn't, is there?

You drop them on a TControlBar (or TCoolBar).
Allthough.. I did that.. and suddenly the ControlBar started paint itself
strangely (probably my fault)..
Anyway.. Works with TToolBars..

Regards
Thomas

Re:ActionBars side by side

>   I'm not sure I understand your question?
> ActionBands function similar to

btw, can you maybe say if ActionBands will be available in the future on
Kylix?

Like:
* Never going to happen
* Maybe (could be done), but don't count on it
* Probably
* Of course - yes!

:)

regards
Thomas

Re:ActionBars side by side

"Thomas Schulz" <dk...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> btw, can you maybe say if ActionBands will be available in the future on
> Kylix?

We're certainly discussing it.  The code to implement ActionBand menus
relies fairly heavily on the Windows API therefore it is not necessarily a
simple port.

--
-Steve
Delphi/C++ Builder R&D
http://www.geocities.com/delphihelp

Re:ActionBars side by side

> Ideally, there would be a native D6 component for the types of dockable
> toolbars found in the D6 IDE. There isn't, is there?

Once the update arrives ActionBands will work much better with the
TControlBar and allow you to do something like the IDE much easier as well
as support docking directly.  I'll look to post a ActionBands/TControlBar
demo on my web site once the update is out, so stay tuned.

--
-Steve
Delphi/C++ Builder R&D
Borland Software Corporation
Please, no private email, unless specifically invited in this message, thank
you.
http://www.geocities.com/delphihelp

Re:ActionBars side by side

> We're certainly discussing it.  The code to implement ActionBand menus
> relies fairly heavily on the Windows API therefore it is not necessarily a
> simple port.

damn :-(

oh well
one can hope :)