Is there a directorylist Win95-style for Delphi 3?

I've been looking allover for this, and I'm surprised no one else seems to
be looking for it. I would like to have a compenent(s) that lists the
directories and files windows 95 style. I simply want components that work
just like the controls in the standard openDialog and saveDialog. This
includes the combobox with the directory outline and the list of directories
and files that can be shown as a list, detailed list and so on.

I don't understand why only the win3 style directorylists/filelists are
included in Delphi 3. Am I missing something? Please help me.

Tomas

Re:Is there a directorylist Win95-style for Delphi 3?

Tomas,

You can reproduce this with the ListView component in the Win32 page of the
component palette. I programmed something like the Win 95 control panel or
the Win 95 "My Computer" for one of my applications using this component.
Check out these properties of the ListView component:
- IconOptions (for AutoArrange or not)
- ViewStyle (List, Detailled, etc.)

Philippe Bruno, B.Ing.
Groupe Techna inc.

Tomas Elison <d93-...@nada.kth.se> a crit dans l'article
<694n3p$7...@forums.borland.com>...

> I've been looking allover for this, and I'm surprised no one else seems
> be looking for it. I would like to have a compenent(s) that lists the
> directories and files windows 95 style. I simply want components that
work
> just like the controls in the standard openDialog and saveDialog. This
> includes the combobox with the directory outline and the list of
directories
> and files that can be shown as a list, detailed list and so on.

> I don't understand why only the win3 style directorylists/filelists are
> included in Delphi 3. Am I missing something? Please help me.

> Tomas

Re:Is there a directorylist Win95-style for Delphi 3?

>I've been looking allover for this, and I'm surprised no one else seems to
>be looking for it. I would like to have a compenent(s) that lists the
>directories and files windows 95 style.

Have you tried the SelectDirectory function?

--
Andrew Shinn
an...@highmeadow.com

Re:Is there a directorylist Win95-style for Delphi 3?

Check out plasma tools, shell extensions. (I don't know how to get them, and
I also believe that they're not for free)
They have a load of components for just that. Creating custom file dialogs,
directory browse components, etc.

regards,
Peter Str?iman

Take a look at Brad Stower's betas on http://www.lexology.co.uk/delphi/

--
Simon Armstrong
Remove "junkmail_spoiler_" from address to email.

Tomas Elison <d93-...@nada.kth.se> wrote in article
<694n3p$7...@forums.borland.com>...

> I've been looking allover for this, and I'm surprised no one else seems
> be looking for it. I would like to have a compenent(s) that lists the
> directories and files windows 95 style. I simply want components that
work
> just like the controls in the standard openDialog and saveDialog. This
> includes the combobox with the directory outline and the list of
directories
> and files that can be shown as a list, detailed list and so on.

> I don't understand why only the win3 style directorylists/filelists are
> included in Delphi 3. Am I missing something? Please help me.

> Tomas

Re:Is there a directorylist Win95-style for Delphi 3?

Hi,

you always could try the ShellAPI function SHBrowseForFolder...

Martijn Tonies
http://surf.to/seal97
(Also for Delphi Components)

Tomas Elison <d93-...@nada.kth.se> wrote in article
<694n3p$7...@forums.borland.com>...

> I've been looking allover for this, and I'm surprised no one else seems
> be looking for it. I would like to have a compenent(s) that lists the
> directories and files windows 95 style. I simply want components that
work
> just like the controls in the standard openDialog and saveDialog. This
> includes the combobox with the directory outline and the list of
directories
> and files that can be shown as a list, detailed list and so on.

> I don't understand why only the win3 style directorylists/filelists are
> included in Delphi 3. Am I missing something? Please help me.

> Tomas

Re:Is there a directorylist Win95-style for Delphi 3?

First, NEVER cross-post messages.

>I've been looking allover for this, and I'm surprised no one else seems to
>be looking for it. I would like to have a compenent(s) that lists the

Many people have already looked for it and found the answer. Maybe you
should try borland.public.delphi.winapi

Brad Stowers has a component that encapsulates the SHBrowseForFolder API
call. Your you look for this function in the Win32.hlp help file.

>I don't understand why only the win3 style directorylists/filelists are
>included in Delphi 3. Am I missing something? Please help me.

Yes, because that is not a component, but a single functions call, as easy
to use as the VCL.

-------------

Alex Abreu

Re:Is there a directorylist Win95-style for Delphi 3?

Why use SHBrowseForFolder when i have an easier solution. Use my Explorer
Enumerators. The enunmerators mimic the windows explorer treeview, list
view and combo box. The enumerators are available from
Delphi Deli
DSP
torry's
etc