Quick Report Label Printing

I am using QuickReport to print mailing labels.  I have everything set up to print correctly
but need to know how to 'skip' label positions that have already been used on a sheet.
 Should I set the datavalues to '' for labels which were previously printed so the
first position with real data goes on the first label?  Or, is there a command to skip
positions?  Thanks.

Re:Quick Report Label Printing

On 3 Sep 1999 07:47:56 -0800, "Brian" <Bshig...@in-touch.net> wrote:

>I am using QuickReport to print mailing labels.  I have everything set up to print correctly
>but need to know how to 'skip' label positions that have already been used on a sheet.
> Should I set the datavalues to '' for labels which were previously printed so the
>first position with real data goes on the first label?  Or, is there a command to skip
>positions?  Thanks.

There's not a formal command to do this. You'll probably have to think
of some clever aplication-specific way to send out blanks as if they
were true values for the first n records.

Steve F (Team B)

Brian <Bshig...@in-touch.net> wrote in message news:37cfdf9c@newsgroups...

> I am using QuickReport to print mailing labels.  I have everything set up
to print correctly
> but need to know how to 'skip' label positions that have already been used
on a sheet.
>  Should I set the datavalues to '' for labels which were previously
printed so the
> first position with real data goes on the first label?  Or, is there a
command to skip
> positions?  Thanks.

I've once done the following:
-used a stringlist as a source for the repeating bands on a quick report
-put all the addresses in the stringlist, one address per string, but the
different lines separated with #13#10's between them

If you put empty strings in the stringlist, you can manage 'skipping' some
label positions being printed.

Greetings,

MarK

Other Threads