BDE & Windows 98

I have a Delphi 3 application that would not run with a partial install of
BDE 4.5.1.4 with only the Paradox driver using InstallShield Express.
However, a full install solved the problem at least temporarily.

My current problem is with a full install of the BDE on Windows 98.  My
application crashes with "Access errors at address FFFF*".  I even tried
installing the BDE only from the Delphi 3 disk directly on the target PC
without success.  An installation of the Delphi 4 BDE didn't help either.
The target machine is a PII233 Toshiba laptop.

Re:BDE & Windows 98

I am using BDE 5 on Windows 98 with no problems.  There was nothing Win98
specific in Web Update 2, but you should download that from our web site.  The
url is http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/downloads/index.html.

>I have a Delphi 3 application that would not run with a partial install of
>BDE 4.5.1.4 with only the Paradox driver using InstallShield Express.
>However, a full install solved the problem at least temporarily.

>My current problem is with a full install of the BDE on Windows 98.  My
>application crashes with "Access errors at address FFFF*".  I even tried
>installing the BDE only from the Delphi 3 disk directly on the target PC
>without success.  An installation of the Delphi 4 BDE didn't help either.
>The target machine is a PII233 Toshiba laptop.

John Kaster, Enterprise Product Manager
Please post MIDAS-related messages in inprise.public.midas

Re:BDE & Windows 98

Roger, i'm using Youseful to install my Delphi application (delphi 2 & 4)
... it works very well and allow to customize easily your installations.

i suggest you to evaluate it .. it's not expensive ...

look at www.youseful.com

roberto.

Roger Fang ha scritto nel messaggio <7158s5$b...@forums.borland.com>...

>I have a Delphi 3 application that would not run with a partial install of
>BDE 4.5.1.4 with only the Paradox driver using InstallShield Express.
>However, a full install solved the problem at least temporarily.

>My current problem is with a full install of the BDE on Windows 98.  My
>application crashes with "Access errors at address FFFF*".  I even tried
>installing the BDE only from the Delphi 3 disk directly on the target PC
>without success.  An installation of the Delphi 4 BDE didn't help either.
>The target machine is a PII233 Toshiba laptop.

Other Threads