Index out of date, but no index

  You're not closing your tables before you destroy the form...  --  Before
you destory the form (including the stopping of your app.) make sure you
close the tables...  This will prevent the error from occuring (EVEN if you
have the table set to active when you start your app.)

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Adam Sorati wrote in message +ADw-352A43D6.A28BB97B+AEA-sgen.com.au+AD4-...

+AD4-Delphi 3 App
+AD4-connecting to Paradox 5 Table
+AD4-using BDE.
+AD4-
+AD4-The Delphi 3 App corrupted the Paradox 5 Table, with the error index out
+AD4-of date.
+AD4-As I know it this can be fixed by dropping the index and then
+AD4-re-creating it, however
+AD4-the index does not currently exsist and therefore impossible to delete.
+AD4-
+AD4-I am really getting confussed on this one.
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-Thank you for taking the time to read this
+AD4-
+AD4-Adam
+AD4-

Re:Index out of date, but no index

Delphi 3 App
connecting to Paradox 5 Table
using BDE.

The Delphi 3 App corrupted the Paradox 5 Table, with the error index out
of date.
As I know it this can be fixed by dropping the index and then
re-creating it, however
the index does not currently exsist and therefore impossible to delete.

I am really getting confussed on this one.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Adam

Adam Sorati wrote:

> Delphi 3 App
> connecting to Paradox 5 Table
> using BDE.

> The Delphi 3 App corrupted the Paradox 5 Table, with the error index out
> of date.
> As I know it this can be fixed by dropping the index and then
> re-creating it, however
> the index does not currently exsist and therefore impossible to delete.

> I am really getting confussed on this one.

> Thank you for taking the time to read this

> Adam

What you have to do is to go the directory where the table lies, and delete the *.px and *.X* and *.y* files that belongs to
that table file

Cheers
Conrad Smith

Other Threads