TD286 De{*word*81} and Win 95/98

Hi,

the TD286 Dee{*word*81} from BP 7 does not work under my Windows 95 / 98
(not to mention TD386). Therefore it is not possible to debug big BP
programs under these OS.

When using newer Turbo De{*word*81}s e.g. from TASM 4 or 5, I get the
message that the program was built with an incompatible linker.
I think these de{*word*81}s do not understand the debug infos from BP 7
because if you strip strip them there is no such message.

Question: Does anybody know about a fix or patch to make good
old TD286 run under Win 98 ??

Wolfgang

Re:TD286 De{*word*81} and Win 95/98

JRS:  In article <35eef3f5.2284...@news.munich.netsurf.de> of Thu, 3 Sep
1998 19:54:30 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, Wolfgang Ehrhardt <Wolfgang.E

hrha...@munich.netsurf.de> wrote:
>Question: Does anybody know about a fix or patch to make good
>old TD286 run under Win 98 ??

Do remember that you can always boot your Win98 machine from a DOS
floppy, and run BP7 without any Windows at all.  Use the new CPU & RAM
and disc, but not the new software.  Indeed, you can probably start Win3
that way, too.

You may need to use a FAT16 partition, though.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v1.12    MIME.
  Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - TP/BP/&c.  FAQqish topics & links.