Record xx not in sort order

I'm developing a Delphi v1 application using paradox v5 tables and BDE 2.52.

I'm having a customer table with about 500 records.
When checking the table with the TUTILITY.DLL I get about 30 errors saying
   Record 14 not in sort order (Error # 35)
   Record 21 not in sort order
      .
      .
It is an index built on one field (customer name, string field)
not being the primary key of the table.

Rebuilding (with TUTILITY) the index does not help.
Also deleting the index and later recreating the index shows exactly the same
phenomenon (errors).

When I'm setting this field to NULL (blanks) in all records
the number of errors is decreasing but do not disappear completely.

What can be done?

Thanks,
   Arne.

P.S.: The same errors also occur on other tables.

      The only thing these tables have in common is, that they have a
      primary key being a string field, which is filled by the application
      in contrast to other tables, where an autoincrement field forms the
      primary key.

--
 | Arne Bayer                                                              |
 | Universit?t der Bundeswehr Mnchen, Fakult?t fr Informatik, Institut 2 |

Re:Record xx not in sort order

:
: I'm having a customer table with about 500 records.
: When checking the table with the TUTILITY.DLL I get about 30 errors saying
:    Record 14 not in sort order (Error # 35)
:    Record 21 not in sort order

we had same problem with bde 2.52
after we restored 2.51 those errors disapeared.
there is also newer version of tutuility.dll available at borland web.
this dll does not report these errors.

tanel

Re:Record xx not in sort order

Hi Arne

I had the same problem as you, but my customers didnt.
After checking the faulttable after doing the repair
i saw that the problem showed up at the index with _our_
(swedish) national letters.

In the fault table ( after the repair ) you can see in
which record, in this index, that is faulty.
If you look at that actual record in the used index order
you will probably see that is a string index and that
the first char is one of your national chars and in the
wrong sort order.

After changing back from 2.52 to 2.51 and doing the
repair/reindex the problem dissapered !

Best wishes
Rune

Arne Bayer wrote:

> I'm developing a Delphi v1 application using paradox v5 tables and BDE 2.52.

> I'm having a customer table with about 500 records.
> When checking the table with the TUTILITY.DLL I get about 30 errors saying
>    Record 14 not in sort order (Error # 35)
>    Record 21 not in sort order
>       .
>       .
> It is an index built on one field (customer name, string field)
> not being the primary key of the table.

> Rebuilding (with TUTILITY) the index does not help.
> Also deleting the index and later recreating the index shows exactly the same
> phenomenon (errors).

> When I'm setting this field to NULL (blanks) in all records
> the number of errors is decreasing but do not disappear completely.

> What can be done?

> Thanks,
>    Arne.

> P.S.: The same errors also occur on other tables.

>       The only thing these tables have in common is, that they have a
>       primary key being a string field, which is filled by the application
>       in contrast to other tables, where an autoincrement field forms the
>       primary key.

> --
>  | Arne Bayer                                                              |
>  | Universit?t der Bundeswehr Mnchen, Fakult?t fr Informatik, Institut 2 |
>  | E-mail: a...@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de                               |
>  | WWW: http://inf2-www.informatik.unibw-muenchen.de/bayer/arne.html       |

--
Rune Olofsson     ,__@      Q
Micro Bit        _`\<,_    <\

Re:Record xx not in sort order

I believe this is due to a bug in tutility when you have indexes with
international charsets. I've seen the same thing with Norwegian
tablelanguage..

mou...@satellite.oulu.fi (Tanel Hiir) writes:

> Arne Bayer (a...@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de) wrote:
> : I'm developing a Delphi v1 application using paradox v5 tables and BDE 2.52.
> :
> : I'm having a customer table with about 500 records.
> : When checking the table with the TUTILITY.DLL I get about 30 errors saying
> :    Record 14 not in sort order (Error # 35)
> :    Record 21 not in sort order

> we had same problem with bde 2.52
> after we restored 2.51 those errors disapeared.
> there is also newer version of tutuility.dll available at borland web.
> this dll does not report these errors.

> tanel

Yes, when switched back to BDE 2.51, all the reported errors were gone.

Now my question is:
   Does BDE 2.51 work with the newest TUTILITY.DLL (shipped with PDox 7)?
   Until now, I had no problems with this configuration.

Thank you.
   Arne.
--
 | Arne Bayer                                                              |
 | Universit?t der Bundeswehr Mnchen, Fakult?t fr Informatik, Institut 2 |
 | E-mail: a...@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de                               |
 | WWW: http://inf2-www.informatik.unibw-muenchen.de/bayer/arne.html       |

Other Threads