DBEdit automatic move to next field when field filled

TDBEdit

Q1:
Is it possible to automatically move to next field in tab order when max
number of charactes are input in a field.

Q2:
Moving to next field with Enter instead of Tab???

I guess anyone out there has the answers!

Regards

kurt.anneb...@telia.com

Re:DBEdit automatic move to next field when field filled

Kurt Anneborg wrote in message ...
>Q1:
>Is it possible to automatically move to next field in tab order when max
>number of charactes are input in a field.

Write the appropriate OnChange handler.

>Q2:
>Moving to next field with Enter instead of Tab???

Override the window procedure, and on Enter send the key
flying by setting it to zero and send the window a
WM_NEXTCONTROL message or somesuch (actual name differs,
but the NEXT part is in there for sure).

I just removed this exact code from a program I inherited
today, because it violates expected behaviour. Moving to
the next field is done with Tab. This is a Windows UI standard.
Enter presses the default button.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Other Threads