Control Panel sounds

Hi all,

I've managed to find the registry keys for sound events in Control Panel but
I don't know how to make my applications call events that are found in the
control panel sounds applet.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Chris (c...@ihug.co.nz)

Re:Control Panel sounds

The control panel sounds are triggered by events in all programs.

The values are things such as WindowsStart, WindowsExit, WindowMaximize,
WindowMinimize, etc.

There is no need for you to call them directly, the system handles it. If
you
want to PLAY one of the sounds regardless of the event, use sndPlaySound
to play the wave after retrieving the name of it from the registry.

Chris Rasmussen <c...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

> Hi all,

> I've managed to find the registry keys for sound events in Control Panel
but
> I don't know how to make my applications call events that are found in the
> control panel sounds applet.

> Does anyone know how to do this?

> Thanks,
> Chris (c...@ihug.co.nz)