simple question - D1 - taskbar icon with modal forms

HI All,

I've seen this posted before but couldn't find any references to it.  Hope
someone can help me with it.

I open a modal form in my app.  I then switch to a different app and want to
come back to the orig. app.  If I select the task bar icon it returns to my
main app but the modal form is not visible (is behind the main form) and the
app is locked up.  You can return to the modal form using alt tab but my
preference would be to have the modal form come back when the task bar icon
is selected.

Thanks in advance,

Max

--

                  ///
                / ^ \         Downey Communications Inc.

Re:simple question - D1 - taskbar icon with modal forms

>I've seen this posted before but couldn't find any references to it.  Hope
>someone can help me with it.

>I open a modal form in my app.  I then switch to a different app and want
>come back to the orig. app.  If I select the task bar icon it returns to my
>main app but the modal form is not visible (is behind the main form) and
the
>app is locked up.  You can return to the modal form using alt tab but my
>preference would be to have the modal form come back when the task bar icon
>is selected.

Create an OnActivate handler...

public
 procedure ApplicationActivate(Sender: TObject);

Set it in the FormCreate...

Application.OnActivate := ApplicationActivate;

...and modify this code as needed...
procedure TMain.ApplicationActivate(Sender: TObject);
begin
{If the user moves to another program and returns, be sure
 that any modal forms are on top! }
if Frm_Setup.visible then frm_setup.bringtofront;
if Frm_Btn1.visible then frm_btn1.bringtofront;
if Frm_About.visible then frm_about.bringtofront;
if Frm_Package.visible then frm_package.bringtofront;
if Frm_Inserts.visible then frm_inserts.bringtofront;
if Frm_Calculate.visible then frm_calculate.bringtofront;
if Frm_Match.visible then frm_match.bringtofront;
end;

Eric Lawrence
Applications Architect
Bayden Systems
delta...@wam.umd.edu
"A strange game.  The only winning move is not to play."