Processing email Attachments

Hello

I am currently writing a Delphi 3 C/S application that processes email messages, I am using the supplied ActiveX controls : TPOP and TSMTP.

I am having a problem with email attachments, I would like to be able to extract the attachment from a message and run an application based on what MIME type that message is.  I have looked in the help and it makes reference to A MIME component, but I am unable to locate it!

Could anyone help me with this problem - I would like to be able to identify an attachment and then perform an operation on it - i.e. if it is a zip file, unzip it into a particular directory.

Cheers

Re:Processing email Attachments

Adrian,

You might want to replace your current components with our IDSMail
component.  It will automatically decode the MIME (or UUENCODED)
attachments when you receive a message.  The decoded attachments are
placed into your TEMP directory, and you can do what you wish with them.

IDSMail is a universal E-mail component which supports any mail systems
based on SMTP/POP3, MAPI, VIM, MHS, or Banyan VINES.  For more info, go
to http://www.intuitive-data.com

--
Regards,

Eric June
Intuitive Data Solutions

--------- We Make OLE Servers Intuitive --------------
Eric June                     ej...@intuitive-data.com
Intuitive Data Solutions           fax: (408) 776-1267
Send/Rcv Email *EASILY* through SMTP/POP, VIM, MAPI,
MHS & VINES http://www.intuitive-data.com/idsmail.htm