Displaying form correctly at Large/Small Fonts

I am currently designing an Application in a small fonts screen, and it doesn't
show up right if I switch to large fonts. Is there anyway around this? Or do I
need to design two seperate forms for each form?

Re:Displaying form correctly at Large/Small Fonts

Kelly Wilcox wrote:

> I am currently designing an Application in a small fonts screen, and it doesn't
> show up right if I switch to large fonts. Is there anyway around this? Or do I
> need to design two seperate forms for each form?

In the "Font" options - set "Pitch" to fpVariable.

--
Hope that helps

Brahm

---------------------------  EEEEEEE  DDDDD     SSSS
Brahm van Niekerk         -  EE       DD  DD   SS
Elgin Data Systems        -  EE       DD   DD  SS
"See the future"          -  EEEE     DD    D   SS
P.O. Box 140,Elgin, 7180  -  EE       DD   DD    SS
Republic of South Africa  -  EE       DD  DD      SS
---------------------------  EEEEEEE  DDDD     SSSS

Brahm van Niekerk <bra...@iafrica.com> wrote:

>Kelly Wilcox wrote:

>> I am currently designing an Application in a small fonts screen, and it doesn't
>> show up right if I switch to large fonts. Is there anyway around this? Or do I
>> need to design two seperate forms for each form?
>In the "Font" options - set "Pitch" to fpVariable.

There are some "Freeware" components which help solve this problem.
Look for "SCALER.ZIP" or one other (I don't recall the name) on the
Delphi Super Page or Grumpfish.

These VCL components rescale all the components on a form to match the
change in font size from small to large. There is also a nice
discussion of the root cause of problem in one of the VCL help files.

There are links to these two pages from my WWW page (see below)

Hope this helps.

Barry.

/---------------------------------------------------------------\
| Check out CanalRun's WWW page http://www.vcomm.net/~canalrun/ |
| Education, Investment, Personal Productivity Shareware.       |
\---------------------------------------------------------------/

Re:Displaying form correctly at Large/Small Fonts

>There are some "Freeware" components which help solve this
>problem. Look for "SCALER.ZIP" or one other (I don't recall the
>name) on the
>Delphi Super Page or Grumpfish.

The other one is Screen Dream.  You can get a demo and sample
components at http://www.rt66.com/flyer.htm.

John

--
Delphi tools                       See http://www.rt66.com/jreynd
Screen Dream                                             SendKeys

John Reynolds <71154....@CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>>There are some "Freeware" components which help solve this
>>problem. Look for "SCALER.ZIP" or one other (I don't recall the
>>name) on the
>>Delphi Super Page or Grumpfish.

>The other one is Screen Dream.  You can get a demo and sample
>components at http://www.rt66.com/flyer.htm.

The problem with Screen Dream is that it mechanically scales the form;
if you design a form to take up, say, half the screen at 640x480, and
tell Screen Dream that it should take up half the screen at whatever
resolution it is being displayed at, then if you run the program on a
machine running at 1024x768 or 1280x1024, the text and graphics will
appear noticeably blocky -- defeating the purpose of having
resolution-independent graphics behind the display.

--
Sean R. Malloy               | American Non Sequitur
    Naval Medical Center     |       Society

Other Threads