OpenLink Progress ODBC drivers and Delphi (Borlands Pascal IDE)

OpenLink are already helping out with this one but.......

I want to build a Delphi front end to a single user Progress database. I
have installed the OpenLink ODBC driver (Lite 32 bit Large client
3.20.08.05) hoping to simplify the situation as much as possible. It is
running under windows 95/98, Progress 8.3B Personal Database and running
PROSERVE C:\POOH\DEMO.DB to start up a DB server. I then create a ODBC
source called

Progress Demo

which simply says

C:\POOH\DEMO in the database options box.

CPPDEMO supplied by Open Link connects fine, as does BENCH32.

When I try to get Delphi to pick it up (or use the Borland DatabaseEngine) I
get the following....

Login prompt which is OK for blank user and password
Unable to attach shared memory sharemem c.pooh.0, error 123 (1720)

Interestingly the database is c:\pooh\demo.db. When a server is NOT running
CPPDEMO and BENCH report...

Unable to attach to memory sharemem c.pooh.demo.0, error 123 (1720)

Its as if Delphi is loosing the "demo" bit of the name. Delphi then goes on
to report

There is no server for database c:\pooh\. (1423)

(Again missing the "demo bit")

Alias is not currently opened etc etc
Connection rejected by data source

I have done some comparisons/checks against my NT system which is fully
working and can confirm that Delphi version seems to be dropping the "demo"
under 95/98

PLEASE HELP.

Stuart

Re:OpenLink Progress ODBC drivers and Delphi (Borlands Pascal IDE)

Hi

Is the problem here to do with the error you are getting or the fact
that Delphi is not returning the full error message.

If it is to do with the error from Progress, then, this is due to the
fact that you are trying to make a shared memory connection to your
database with a version of the Openlink database agent that does not
match up with the version specified in the $DLC/version file and your
Progress installation. If that is the case, you have two options,

1. You can try relinking your database libraries against the Openlink
object file. Of course, this will not be possible if the OS is NT. Only
if you are using Unix

2. You can connect using Sockets.]

For more information on this, please contact the Openlink Support page
on

www.openlinksw.com/support/conprog.htm

HTH

Best Regards
In article <80pgl4$ao...@lux.doc.ic.ac.uk>,
  "SMC" <S...@doc.ic.ac.uk> wrote:

> OpenLink are already helping out with this one but.......

> I want to build a Delphi front end to a single user Progress
database. I
> have installed the OpenLink ODBC driver (Lite 32 bit Large client
> 3.20.08.05) hoping to simplify the situation as much as possible. It
is
> running under windows 95/98, Progress 8.3B Personal Database and
running
> PROSERVE C:\POOH\DEMO.DB to start up a DB server. I then create a ODBC
> source called

> Progress Demo

> which simply says

> C:\POOH\DEMO in the database options box.

> CPPDEMO supplied by Open Link connects fine, as does BENCH32.

> When I try to get Delphi to pick it up (or use the Borland
DatabaseEngine) I
> get the following....

> Login prompt which is OK for blank user and password
> Unable to attach shared memory sharemem c.pooh.0, error 123 (1720)

> Interestingly the database is c:\pooh\demo.db. When a server is NOT
running
> CPPDEMO and BENCH report...

> Unable to attach to memory sharemem c.pooh.demo.0, error 123 (1720)

> Its as if Delphi is loosing the "demo" bit of the name. Delphi then
goes on
> to report

> There is no server for database c:\pooh\. (1423)

> (Again missing the "demo bit")

> Alias is not currently opened etc etc
> Connection rejected by data source

> I have done some comparisons/checks against my NT system which is
fully
> working and can confirm that Delphi version seems to be dropping
the "demo"
> under 95/98

> PLEASE HELP.

> Stuart