JDBC transaction

Hi!

I use jdbc/odbc bridge and EasySoft ODBC driver to acces IB from Java.
The problem is that I cannot use transactions - connection.commit doesn't
work (it doesn't commit trans)
and conn.rollback generates SQLException. Any idea?

(I don't want to use InterClient, because InterClient doesn't close TCP/IP
connections - after few connections to database,
the database become 'unavailable', getConnection generates some error like
'No buffer space available...')

Re:JDBC transaction

In article <3b4c28f0_2@dnews>, Izabel Jelenic wrote:
> (I don't want to use InterClient, because InterClient doesn't close TCP/IP
> connections - after few connections to database,
> the database become 'unavailable', getConnection generates some error like
> 'No buffer space available...')

I run an old version of InterClient on my web site (1.51 most likely). I
hold connections open for says against IB 5.0 classic( I have 2.7 million
pages on line).

Works great. I am in the process of upgrading to later versions of
everything and will let you know how it goes.

I heard the JDBC/ODBC bridge has problems.

Robert Schieck (TeamB)
MER Systems Inc.
Inprise/Borland/InterBase Search Engine http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

Re:JDBC transaction

I've been using InterClient/InterServer in BEA WebLogic 5.1 SP9 for months
now with no problems TCP/IP problems. It may be that because I'm using
connection pools instead of straight JDBC that I'm avoiding the problems
you're experiencing. Can I assume you are **not** using connection pools to
access InterBase from your Java code?

--Scott Gammans

"Izabel Jelenic" <izabel.jele...@pu.hinet.hr> wrote in message

> Hi!

> I use jdbc/odbc bridge and EasySoft ODBC driver to acces IB from Java.
> The problem is that I cannot use transactions - connection.commit doesn't
> work (it doesn't commit trans)
> and conn.rollback generates SQLException. Any idea?

> (I don't want to use InterClient, because InterClient doesn't close TCP/IP
> connections - after few connections to database,
> the database become 'unavailable', getConnection generates some error like
> 'No buffer space available...')

Re:JDBC transaction

> you're experiencing. Can I assume you are **not** using connection pools
> access InterBase from your Java code?

Well, I use connection pools.

Anyway, the problem about tcp/ip connections stays. When I use CommDiag,
after few clicks on 'Test button',
applet says 'Connection problem detected'.

In this case, connection pooling is not a best solution, don't you think so?
The main problem is elsewhere.

Adios,
    izo

Re:JDBC transaction

why do you use JDBC/ODBC when there is Interclient--a JDBC driver?

Alex

Other Threads