Why am I not getting the RTE 200?

I'm returning to TP7 after a couple of years and a couple of system
upgrades and was wondering why my K6-2 / 500MHz wasn't giving me the
error.  I went ahead and used Pedt Scragg's crt unit but before I did
I tried the standard one and it worked fine.  Just a curiosity.

TIA, G.S.

Re:Why am I not getting the RTE 200?

Gary Singleton wrote:

> I'm returning to TP7 after a couple of years and a couple of system
> upgrades and was wondering why my K6-2 / 500MHz wasn't giving me the
> error.  I went ahead and used Pedt Scragg's crt unit but before I did
> I tried the standard one and it worked fine.  Just a curiosity.

This is normal. K6-2's seem to have different timings for the
instructions involved.

--

Marco van de Voort (Mar...@stack.nl or ma...@freepascal.org)

Re:Why am I not getting the RTE 200?

In <dekrvs4a32o7igbs1bg6gvlreiqic8o...@4ax.com>, Gary Singleton
<gsingl...@yahoo.com> wrote

>I'm returning to TP7 after a couple of years and a couple of system
>upgrades and was wondering why my K6-2 / 500MHz wasn't giving me the
>error.

It seems that the AMD processors may using different timings for
instructions.  I have both a 450K2 and a 550K3 here which do not
give RTE200 but my backup Pentium 266MHz does.

There is also the possibility that Win9x timing/threading may be at
work as well as my P5 does not RTE200 if I have the AV software and
PWS running but RTE200's if only either or neither are running.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CPU differences ;-)
--
Pedt Scragg     http://signpost-design.co.uk/   ODP Editor: http://dmoz.org/

"If you don't need a lot of space/bandwidth then why are you paying for it" ?

Other Threads