2nd CFV: comp.databases.xbase.codebase

                      LAST CALL FOR VOTES (of 2)
           unmoderated group comp.databases.xbase.codebase

Newsgroups line:
comp.databases.xbase.codebase   CodeBase and its related products.

Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 20 Jun 1997.

This vote is being conducted by a neutral third party.  Questions
about the proposed group should be directed to the proponent.

Proponent: Jay Hasell <gene...@sequiter.com>
Votetaker: Jani Patokallio <jpato...@iki.fi>

RATIONALE: comp.databases.xbase.codebase

CodeBase is a database engine used internationally.  We therefore have many
people talking about our product.  The problem is that, since CodeBase has
support for five different languages, five different operating systems and
three file formats, we are discussed in several different newsgroups at the
same time.  We would like to create this newsgroup so that all people who
want to discuss CodeBase and its related products (CodeControls,
CodeReporter, CodeTranslator and CodeScreens) can do it all in one place.
This way, several people won't be talking about the same things in several
different newsgroups.  Our technical support department and experienced
users can also use this newsgroup to better help others with any
difficulties they may have.  Tech support can also pass customer feedback to
the developers so they can make future releases even more useful to our
customers by seeing what kind of demand is out there for database engines.

CHARTER: comp.databases.xbase.codebase

Discussions should be about the CodeBase database engine and its companion
products CodeControls, CodeReporter, CodeTranslator and CodeScreens.  Topics
could include requests for assistance with certain areas of development with
the software, helpful hints or tips that users have discovered while
programming, suggestions to Sequiter Software on how to improve future
releases or just basic opinions on how the products work for those who have
tried them in a project.

END CHARTER.

HOW TO VOTE:

Follow these instructions *exactly*!  Votes are counted by computer.
You should send E-MAIL (posts to a newsgroup are invalid) to:

    vot...@hut.fi

Please do not assume that just replying to this message will work.
Check the address before you mail your vote.  Your mail message
should contain one and only one of the following vote statements:

    I vote YES on comp.databases.xbase.codebase
    I vote NO on comp.databases.xbase.codebase

    Voter name:

If your mail software does not indicate your real name (for example, AOL
does not), include _exactly_ the statement above on a _separate_ line
and add your name after the colon.  Having your name in your signature line
is NOT enough!  Do NOT join the lines together or remove the words
"Voter name"!

You may also vote ABSTAIN (which records an empty vote) or CANCEL (which
removes any earlier votes).  ABSTAIN does not affect the final vote count
in any way but is listed, whereas CANCEL is not.

If these instructions are unclear, please consult the Introduction to
Usenet Voting or the Usenet Voting FAQ at http://www.iki.fi/~jpatokal/uvv/.

IMPORTANT VOTING PROCEDURE NOTES:

Standard Guidelines for voting apply.  One vote per person, one account
per voter.  Votes must be mailed directly from the voter to the votetaker.
Anonymous, forwarded or proxy votes are not valid.  Votes mailed by
WWW/HTML/CGI forms are considered to be anonymous votes.

Vote counting is automated.  Failure to follow these directions may
mean that your vote does not get counted.  If you do not receive an
acknowledgment of your vote within three days contact the votetaker
about the problem.  It's your responsibility to make sure your vote
is registered correctly.  Duplicate votes are resolved in favor of
the most recent valid vote.  Addresses and votes of all voters will
be published in the final voting results post.

The purpose of a Usenet vote is to determine the genuine interest of
persons who would read a proposed newsgroup.  Soliciting votes from
disinterested parties defeats this purpose.  Please do not distribute
this CFV.  If you must, direct people to the official CFV as posted
to news.announce.newgroups.  Distributing pre-marked or otherwise
edited copies of this CFV is generally considered to be vote fraud.
When in doubt, ask the votetaker.

This CFV was created with uvpq 1.0zeta (May  8 1997).
PQ datestamp: 970324

--
Voting address    : vot...@hut.fi
Voting information: http://www.iki.fi/~jpatokal/uvv/

Re:2nd CFV: comp.databases.xbase.codebase

Other Threads