Create a BDE alias at runtime?

Hi there,

Is it possible to create a BDE alias at runtime in a delphi program?  I'm sure
I saw this question posted before but didn't look at the answer. :(

Thanks in advance,

Mark
mb...@supweigh.ca

Re:Create a BDE alias at runtime?

Yes,
If you include DB and DBTables in the USES clause then you have access
to a variable called "Session". From this you can do things like
AddAlias and UpdateAlias. There are quite a few things that are
available.
If you've got Delphi 3 or 4 then type Session. and wait for the
Autocomplete function to kick-in - if it's turned off then press
Ctrl+Space...

>Hi there,

>Is it possible to create a BDE alias at runtime in a delphi program?
I'm sure
>I saw this question posted before but didn't look at the answer. :(

>Thanks in advance,

>Mark
>mb...@supweigh.ca

Please remove the XGHJMM before replying by email.

 Go to http://www.ukonline.co.uk to find out
 about other online services we offer our subscribers.

Other Threads