Memo - Font

Greetings fellow Delphi users

I have a memo (text editor program i'm writing) and i can change the font
using the fontdialog.  How do i get the program to change the font ONLY FROM
that specific location in the memo (like MS Word) ie the font up to the
point remain as is, from that point onwards the new font is applied.  I have
tried looking this up in the help files and references, no luck so far.  My
guess is to use caretPos but I still dont know how to assign the new front
just from that current caretPos position and leave the previous font intact.

Re:Memo - Font

You can not do this with a standard memo component. You need to use a
richedit. Or try one of the FW/SW components out there on the net.

Woody

mb <mb....@icon.QWT.co.za> wrote in message

> Greetings fellow Delphi users

> I have a memo (text editor program i'm writing) and i can change the font
> using the fontdialog.  How do i get the program to change the font ONLY
FROM
> that specific location in the memo (like MS Word) ie the font up to the
> point remain as is, from that point onwards the new font is applied.  I
have
> tried looking this up in the help files and references, no luck so far.
My
> guess is to use caretPos but I still dont know how to assign the new front
> just from that current caretPos position and leave the previous font
intact.

Re:Memo - Font

mb <mb....@icon.QWT.co.za> wrote in message

> Greetings fellow Delphi users

> I have a memo (text editor program i'm writing) and i can change the font
> using the fontdialog.  How do i get the program to change the font ONLY
FROM
> that specific location in the memo (like MS Word) ie the font up to the
> point remain as is, from that point onwards the new font is applied.  I
have
> tried looking this up in the help files and references, no luck so far.
My
> guess is to use caretPos but I still dont know how to assign the new front
> just from that current caretPos position and leave the previous font
intact.

As far as I'm aware - you can't.  time to explore the delights of RichView
;)

Other Threads