New Graphics Toolkit!

If anybody is looking for an easy graphics toolkit, then the Mirage Image
Library may be just the thing.  With Mirage you get instant support for
displaying images in over a dozen formats, including: PSP, PSD, JPEG, PNG,
TIF, BMP, GIF, and many more.  You also get writing support for all the
web-friendly image formats.

If you are interested, stop by my website at http://www.devgear.com/.

Paul Legan

Re:New Graphics Toolkit!

Paul Legan <erle...@snet.net> wrote in message 3b2bca8b$1_2@dnews...
> If anybody is looking for an easy graphics toolkit, then the Mirage Image
> Library may be just the thing.  With Mirage you get instant support for
> displaying images in over a dozen formats, including: PSP, PSD, JPEG, PNG,
> TIF, BMP, GIF, and many more.  You also get writing support for all the
> web-friendly image formats.

> If you are interested, stop by my website at http://www.devgear.com/.

> Paul Legan

How about Lzw license ?

Re:New Graphics Toolkit!

The library can alternately save GIFs using RLE compression, avoiding the
LZW license altogether.

"Francesco Savastano" <francescos...@tiscalinet.it> wrote in message

> Paul Legan <erle...@snet.net> wrote in message 3b2bca8b$1_2@dnews...
> > If anybody is looking for an easy graphics toolkit, then the Mirage
Image
> > Library may be just the thing.  With Mirage you get instant support for
> > displaying images in over a dozen formats, including: PSP, PSD, JPEG,
PNG,
> > TIF, BMP, GIF, and many more.  You also get writing support for all the
> > web-friendly image formats.

> > If you are interested, stop by my website at http://www.devgear.com/.

> > Paul Legan

> How about Lzw license ?

Re:New Graphics Toolkit!

> > If you are interested, stop by my website at http://www.devgear.com/.

Am i stupid or i cannot see any inherent link to Mirage suite in your home
page ?

Re:New Graphics Toolkit!

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 17:57:19 -0400, "Paul Legan" <erle...@snet.net>
wrote:

>The library can alternately save GIFs using RLE compression, avoiding the
>LZW license altogether.

And the compression....

- Asbj?rn

Re:New Graphics Toolkit!

Well, that's just plain stupid. As an advertiser once said, "If it ain't
LZW, it aint' GIF."

Have a great day!

Ernest
(efairch...@home.com)

_____________________
"Law -- a subject that seems to serve two purposes: two make lawyers rich
and to make more lawyers."

Visit my website at http://www.public.asu.edu/~ernestf

"Paul Legan" <erle...@snet.net> wrote in message news:3b2bd3ae$1_1@dnews...
> The library can alternately save GIFs using RLE compression, avoiding the
> LZW license altogether.

Re:New Graphics Toolkit!

Really nice going with all those popup windows....
Finn Tolderlund

"Paul Legan" <erle...@snet.net> skrev i en meddelelse

> If anybody is looking for an easy graphics toolkit, then the Mirage Image
> Library may be just the thing.  With Mirage you get instant support for
> displaying images in over a dozen formats, including: PSP, PSD, JPEG, PNG,
> TIF, BMP, GIF, and many more.  You also get writing support for all the
> web-friendly image formats.
> If you are interested, stop by my website at http://www.devgear.com/.
> Paul Legan

Re:New Graphics Toolkit!

"Paul Legan" <erle...@snet.net> wrote:
>If anybody is looking for an easy graphics toolkit, then the Mirage Image
>Library may be just the thing.

Paul, do you use my TGIFImage library in the Mirage Image Library?

If so, please read the TGIFImage "Conditions of Use" again.

DIXI

+--------------------from usenet----------------------+
|  Anders Bo Melander    | mailto:and...@melander.dk  |
|  Denmark               | http://www.melander.dk     |
+------------------------+----------------------------+

Re:New Graphics Toolkit!

Anders,

Actually, I do not use your TGIFImage in the Mirage Image Library.  However,
I do use it in my own applications.  Mirage does not support animated GIFs
or some interlaced GIFs, both of which can be displayed using your excellent
TGIFImage.  I have tried to create my own TGIFImage clone, but I was unable
to provide the same support that yours provides.  In fact, several people
have emailed me asking if Mirage supported animated GIFs and I referred them
to your web site.

Good luck in the future and thank you for creating your excellent TGIFImage,
Paul Legan

P.S. Mirage actually does not support LZW compression at all.  I have
decided that the whole license thing was too much of a hassle.

"Paul Legan" <erle...@snet.net> wrote in message news:3b2bd3ae$1_1@dnews...
> The library can alternately save GIFs using RLE compression, avoiding the
> LZW license altogether.

> "Francesco Savastano" <francescos...@tiscalinet.it> wrote in message

> > Paul Legan <erle...@snet.net> wrote in message 3b2bca8b$1_2@dnews...
> > > If anybody is looking for an easy graphics toolkit, then the Mirage
> Image
> > > Library may be just the thing.  With Mirage you get instant support
for
> > > displaying images in over a dozen formats, including: PSP, PSD, JPEG,
> PNG,
> > > TIF, BMP, GIF, and many more.  You also get writing support for all
the
> > > web-friendly image formats.

> > > If you are interested, stop by my website at http://www.devgear.com/.

> > > Paul Legan

> > How about Lzw license ?

Re:New Graphics Toolkit!

Hi,

The LZW compression option is no longer supported in the Mirage Image
Library.  Although LZW is obviously a better algorithm, obtaining a license
from UNISYS is way to complicated.  Only RLE is supported now.  Sorry!

Paul Legan

"Paul Legan" <erle...@snet.net> wrote in message news:3b2bca8b$1_2@dnews...
> If anybody is looking for an easy graphics toolkit, then the Mirage Image
> Library may be just the thing.  With Mirage you get instant support for
> displaying images in over a dozen formats, including: PSP, PSD, JPEG, PNG,
> TIF, BMP, GIF, and many more.  You also get writing support for all the
> web-friendly image formats.

> If you are interested, stop by my website at http://www.devgear.com/.

> Paul Legan

Re:New Graphics Toolkit!

"Paul Legan" <erle...@snet.net> wrote:
>Actually, I do not use your TGIFImage in the Mirage Image Library.

Yes you do. I will continue this via private email.

DIXI

|  Anders Bo Melander    | mailto:and...@melander.dk  |
|  Denmark               | http://www.melander.dk     |

Go to page: [1] [2]