BDEADMIN.EXE...Could not find object

I have created a multi-tier app with Delphi 4 C/S and midas.
Iam using InstallShield version 2.11 to create the installation program
but am having a great deal of trouble getting the BDEADMIN.EXE (BDE
Administrator to work).

I have even gone as far as removing any mention of the BDE from the
registry and have also deleted  it from the hard drive.  Then performed
another install, but continue to receive an error message:

Database Engine Error
      Could not find Object
BDE 8712

This message appears when I execute BDEADMIN.EXE, after I clear the
message by selecting the 'OK' button the BDE Administrator application
comes up.  All menu Items work fine except when I select the 'Object'
menu item.  Then again I receive this message:

Database Engine Error
      Could not find Object
BDE 8712

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Larry Shabe

Re:BDEADMIN.EXE...Could not find object

I believe could not find object refers to an invalid alias name.

Other Threads