Caching Blobs-"Invalid Blob handle"

I continually get "Invalid Blob handle" when opening a TQuery.  The
query actually has 3 Blobs fields and always {*word*99}s out at 32 records
read.

Re:Caching Blobs-"Invalid Blob handle"

Thomas M. Cornell wrote:
> I continually get "Invalid Blob handle" when opening a TQuery.  The
> query actually has 3 Blobs fields and always {*word*99}s out at 32 records
> read.

Thomas,

If you have tried changing the BLOBS TO CACHE/ BLOB SIZE parameters in
the BDE then it becomes a trial and error process.  We have apparently
circumvented the problem by setting "Microsoft Applications (Keys in
SQLStatistics)" option in the ODBC driver setup.  This is using D3/ BDE
4.51/ SQL Anywhere 5.5.03 #1666.  A few posts up was the following
message:

> If you get the message "invalid BLOBs handle in record buffers?" when you
> use memo field or other BLOB field, and you changed the BLOB CACHE option
> in BDE configuration, and this don't work. I have other way to resolve this
> error. IF YOU WANT RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM, write me to:
> eddy_bla...@hotmail.com
> or
> infoc...@aacr.net
> and i help you...
> Eddy A Blanco Wither
> Delphi and SQL Server developers
> Dominican Republic..

I don't know if this guy is selling something or fishing for e-mail
addresses or what.  I haven't tried e-mailing him yet but can't help but
to wonder why he didn't just post his solution unless there is something
underhanded going on here.

Also are you using "live queries"?  According to Borland you only get
this error when RequestLive is set to false.  This is completely
un-true, however.  We were initially getting it with "Dead" queries,
switched to "Live" queries in hopes of eliminating it, but continued
getting the error...

HTH - Mike
=  Michael D. Mount                      =
=  National Field Representatives, Inc.  =
=  Claremont, New Hampshire              =