Getting SQL Server XML through ADO into Delphi

Hi All,

I am using Delphi 5 and ADO to read from a Microsoft SQL Server 2000
database.
I use the "for XML auto" clause. The contents of the field when it
arrives in Delphi is the binary XML format. I have seen VB examples
which attach a stream to the ADOCommand's "Output Encoding" property
to decode the XML into plain text, but have failed to find a way to
achieve the same using the Delphi ADO components.

Can anyone please post a working example or provide tips on how I can
achieve what should be a pretty simple task.

Cheers
Carl