Native MS Access 97 connection when MS Access 2K is installed on PC

Hi,

I have an applciation using a native MS Access 97 database. If I install
this application on a PC with MS Access 2000 installed, the application wil
not run. What do I have to do to make it running?

Jochem

Re:Native MS Access 97 connection when MS Access 2K is installed on PC

Hello,

The experts from (TeamB) says that there are some problems with native
Access drivers and MS Access 2000. They reccomend to use ADO connection.
The other way according me is to use ODBC alias, but if I were you I
wouldn't do that.

Regards,
Danail Iliev

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:18:47 +0100, "Jochem Wielders" <jwield...@enixe.nl>
wrote:

>I have an applciation using a native MS Access 97 database. If I install
>this application on a PC with MS Access 2000 installed, the application wil
>not run. What do I have to do to make it running?

Make sure that your installation program is also installing the required
version of the MS DAO drivers.  For MS-Access97,  this would be DAO v3.5.
Please note that you must provide your own re-distribution license for
these MS licensed files...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam

Re:Native MS Access 97 connection when MS Access 2K is installed on PC

To connect to Access 2000 you must either use an ODBC driver with the BDE or
convert your application to use ADO Express. The BDE native driver does not
support Access 2000.

--
Bill

Other Threads