Field XXXX cannot be a lookup or calculated field

I'm getting the above error when I try to add a lookup graphic field to a
TTable in Delphi 4.  I want the field to deliver a graphic object looked up
from another table, using a string key field.  I think I've set everything
up correctly, yet when I try to set my TTable to active, I get a
DBEngineError with the above message.  What does the error mean - why can't
the field be a lookup field?

Re:Field XXXX cannot be a lookup or calculated field

> get a
>DBEngineError with the above message.  What does the error mean - why can't
>the field be a lookup field?

It means blob fields are not supported as lookup fields

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Field XXXX cannot be a lookup or calculated field

Is this a restriction of Paradox, or the TTable control?  Would Access
support calculated or lookup BLOB graphic fields?

Other Threads