TUpdateSQL implementation

I have read the documentation for TUpdateSQL over and over again.  I
have read all of the comments on the documentation deficiencies on the
inprise Delphi newsgroup.  However, this problem remains:
   I simply cannot get the entries I make in CachedUpdate mode to save
to the database, whether or not I use the ApplyUpdates method or the
OnUpdateRecord handler.  Can anyone give me suggeestions or examples of
code that works?  Thanks.

Re:TUpdateSQL implementation

Jeffrey Berlant <jberl...@pol.net> wrote:
>I have read the documentation for TUpdateSQL over and over again.  I
>have read all of the comments on the documentation deficiencies on the
>inprise Delphi newsgroup.  However, this problem remains:
>   I simply cannot get the entries I make in CachedUpdate mode to save
>to the database, whether or not I use the ApplyUpdates method or the
>OnUpdateRecord handler.  Can anyone give me suggeestions or examples of
>code that works?  Thanks.

Jeffery,

Please post the following information that you can comfortably:
1. A short description of the process, dataset(s) you are using,
components (e.g. TQuery, TTable, TUpdateSQL), and database engine.
2. the block of code that contains ApplyUpdates.
3. the code, if any, from OnUpdateRecord.
4. the code , if any, from OnUpdateError.
5. a description of any use of methods like post, insert, delete,
open, ExecSQL, refresh that you use outside the code mentioned above.

My experience with CachedUpdate problems is that most of them are
caused by a lack of understanding of the differences between the
default record update technique and the set-wise update technique of
CachedUpdates. And that usually means that the coder having the
problem usually overcodes the process. If you can post that
information, it will be easier to spot the problem.

Phil Cain

Other Threads