TTable vs TQuery

I have an Access 97 database containing two tables.  When I use the Form Wizard
in Delphi 3 using TTable the master form shows the records but the detail gives
a "Non Blob column in table required to perform operation".  The navigator bar
will let me add records to the master table.

When I use TQuery, I see both master and detail records perfectly but the
Navigator will not allow updates.

I would prefer to use the TQuery component.  What am I missing here?

Help greatly appreciated

u...@hal-pc.org

Re:TTable vs TQuery

David, Prowse a crit:

> I have an Access 97 database containing two tables.  When I use the Form Wizard
> in Delphi 3 using TTable the master form shows the records but the detail gives
> a "Non Blob column in table required to perform operation".  The navigator bar
> will let me add records to the master table.

> When I use TQuery, I see both master and detail records perfectly but the
> Navigator will not allow updates.

> I would prefer to use the TQuery component.  What am I missing here?

> Help greatly appreciated

> u...@hal-pc.org

  Maybe you have to set RequestLive to true for the TQuery...

Re:TTable vs TQuery

In article <3484968E.C5C99...@worldnet.fr>,
   huynh mark <hu...@worldnet.fr> wrote:

>David, Prowse a crit:

>> I have an Access 97 database containing two tables.  When I use the Form
Wizard
>> in Delphi 3 using TTable the master form shows the records but the detail
gives
>> a "Non Blob column in table required to perform operation".  The navigator
bar
>> will let me add records to the master table.

>> When I use TQuery, I see both master and detail records perfectly but the
>> Navigator will not allow updates.

>> I would prefer to use the TQuery component.  What am I missing here?

>> Help greatly appreciated

>> u...@hal-pc.org

>  Maybe you have to set RequestLive to true for the TQuery...

If you want to generate as much network traffic as you possibly can, please
use the Request Live. Look at your SQL trace to see what your program is
doing.

Real programmers use the TUpdateSQL in combination with the TQuery.

Robert van Hoornaar
Software Engineer KTI BV

May the Source be With You