Help - How do I print paradox table definitions???

Hi group(s),

Can anybody tell me how I can print a paradox table definition.
I'm using Delphi 2.0 and Paradox 7.0. Is there a way within these
applications to print it, or do I need a third-party addon?

regards,
Jeroen van Kessel
jvkes...@knoware.nl
--
~oo~ the Nightowl

Re:Help - How do I print paradox table definitions???

In article <33722018.89653...@knoware.nl>,
   Jeroen van Kessel <jvkes...@knoware.nl> wrote:

>Hi group(s),

>Can anybody tell me how I can print a paradox table definition.
>I'm using Delphi 2.0 and Paradox 7.0. Is there a way within these
>applications to print it, or do I need a third-party addon?

>regards,
>Jeroen van Kessel
>jvkes...@knoware.nl

Easiest is to do your own  utility. Use a combination of fileBrowser(),
enumFieldStruct() and a report based on the resulting table to do it. That's
what I did.

Re:Help - How do I print paradox table definitions???

If you choose 'info structure' rather than restrusture, then hit 'save
as'.  The structure is saved to the file you then are asked to name.
Print this, or better yet design a report to print it.

I have a report and a form that prints the report I can email to anyone
interested.  Email me.

Jeroen van Kessel wrote:

> Hi group(s),

> Can anybody tell me how I can print a paradox table definition.
> I'm using Delphi 2.0 and Paradox 7.0. Is there a way within these
> applications to print it, or do I need a third-party addon?

> regards,
> Jeroen van Kessel
> jvkes...@knoware.nl
> --
> ~oo~ the Nightowl

A easy way to perform most common task in paradox is to create a new
form, and put a button on it. Most of the time paradox shows you a
dialog box with standard actions. In this case elect documentarion,
table structure and paradox will create the code you'll need.
Run the form and push the button.
You will be prompted for the table name and paradox will create a table
with the info for the table you selected.
Now select file-print from the menu and you're done.

Robert

BTW The resulting layout isn't very pretty but if you create a report
based on this table you can format the output any way you want.

Jeroen van Kessel wrote:

> Hi group(s),

> Can anybody tell me how I can print a paradox table definition.
> I'm using Delphi 2.0 and Paradox 7.0. Is there a way within these
> applications to print it, or do I need a third-party addon?

> regards,
> Jeroen van Kessel
> jvkes...@knoware.nl
> --
> ~oo~ the Nightowl

There is a component-library on http://www.sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/
named rxlit231.zip which contents some components for such puposes
(not to print but to get the information)

Tom

Wen  wrote:
> In article <33722018.89653...@knoware.nl>,
>    Jeroen van Kessel <jvkes...@knoware.nl> wrote:
> >Hi group(s),

> >Can anybody tell me how I can print a paradox table definition.
> >I'm using Delphi 2.0 and Paradox 7.0. Is there a way within these
> >applications to print it, or do I need a third-party addon?

> >regards,
> >Jeroen van Kessel
> >jvkes...@knoware.nl

> Easiest is to do your own  utility. Use a combination of fileBrowser(),
> enumFieldStruct() and a report based on the resulting table to do it.
That's
> what I did.

Here's an easy way of printing out a table's structure:

Select the table in the Project Viewer , right-click and select "Info
Structure".
Next, click on the "Save As" button and save this with a new name.
You've just created a table with all the Structure details of the
original table.  You can now generate a report using this new table.

Gabriel Juarez
gj7...@BitSmart.com

Re:Help - How do I print paradox table definitions???

gj7037 <gj7...@BitSmart.com> schreef in artikel
<01bc614e$beb222e0$1d966564@ods_8793>...

> Wen  wrote:
> > In article <33722018.89653...@knoware.nl>,
> >    Jeroen van Kessel <jvkes...@knoware.nl> wrote:
> > >Hi group(s),

> > >Can anybody tell me how I can print a paradox table definition.
> > >I'm using Delphi 2.0 and Paradox 7.0. Is there a way within these
> > >applications to print it, or do I need a third-party addon?

> > >regards,
> > >Jeroen van Kessel
> > >jvkes...@knoware.nl

> > Easiest is to do your own  utility. Use a combination of fileBrowser(),
> > enumFieldStruct() and a report based on the resulting table to do it.
> That's
> > what I did.

> Here's an easy way of printing out a table's structure:

> Select the table in the Project Viewer , right-click and select "Info
> Structure".
> Next, click on the "Save As" button and save this with a new name.
> You've just created a table with all the Structure details of the
> original table.  You can now generate a report using this new table.

> Gabriel Juarez
> gj7...@BitSmart.com

begin 600 Tbinfo.exe
<uuencoded_portion_removed>