Graphics card incompatibility

I am sorry if this problem has already come up on the NG.
I am trying to execute an old BP 7.0 graphics application
on a Dell Pentium III 800 MHz portable computer equipped
with an ATI Mobility M4 graphics card.
When the program tries to switch in vga graphics mode, it
crashes with the following message:

"Graphic card not supported by chartpak"

Note that I have no problem executing the same application
on my Fujitsu Siemens Pentium III 700 MHz with an
ATI Rage mobility AGP 2X.

Does anybody have any suggestions (I have the source code
but I my knowledg of BP is quite limited)?

Thanks for any help.

Re:Graphics card incompatibility

A.T. wrote:
> I am sorry if this problem has already come up on the NG.
> I am trying to execute an old BP 7.0 graphics application
> on a Dell Pentium III 800 MHz portable computer equipped
> with an ATI Mobility M4 graphics card.
> When the program tries to switch in vga graphics mode, it
> crashes with the following message:

> "Graphic card not supported by chartpak"

> Note that I have no problem executing the same application
> on my Fujitsu Siemens Pentium III 700 MHz with an
> ATI Rage mobility AGP 2X.

> Does anybody have any suggestions (I have the source code
> but I my knowledg of BP is quite limited)?

> Thanks for any help.

Does the program use the unit graph? means is there something with uses
graph in the main program? are any .BGI files necessary to run the app?

Greetings

Markus

Re:Graphics card incompatibility

"A.T." <pi...@pluto.it> schreef in bericht

> I am sorry if this problem has already come up on the NG.
> I am trying to execute an old BP 7.0 graphics application
> on a Dell Pentium III 800 MHz portable computer equipped
> with an ATI Mobility M4 graphics card.
> When the program tries to switch in vga graphics mode, it
> crashes with the following message:

> "Graphic card not supported by chartpak"

> Note that I have no problem executing the same application
> on my Fujitsu Siemens Pentium III 700 MHz with an
> ATI Rage mobility AGP 2X.

> Does anybody have any suggestions (I have the source code
> but I my knowledg of BP is quite limited)?

> Thanks for any help.

This is an error message I have never seen before. My guess is that your
program is generating the message itself and that it is using a 3rd party
driver. Do you have the full source code?
Can you find the Initgraph statement in it? Perhaps you can send us a
code snippet.

What .BGI driver is it using? Usually the VGA driver (9) in 640x480x16
mode (2) works for all computers. The driver file is called EGAVGA.BGI.
Perhaps you should find a driver that works for your computer.

Femme

Re:Graphics card incompatibility

You might have a tough luck fixing this --  this could
come from the driver, and you may not be able to do much,
if anything at all, about that.  Use the program with
computers it can run on, and meanwhile, look for an
equivalent Windoze program.

A.T. <pi...@pluto.it> wrote:
> I am sorry if this problem has already come up on the NG.
> I am trying to execute an old BP 7.0 graphics application
> on a Dell Pentium III 800 MHz portable computer equipped
> with an ATI Mobility M4 graphics card.
> When the program tries to switch in vga graphics mode, it
> crashes with the following message:
> "Graphic card not supported by chartpak"
> Note that I have no problem executing the same application
> on my Fujitsu Siemens Pentium III 700 MHz with an
> ATI Rage mobility AGP 2X.
> Does anybody have any suggestions (I have the source code
> but I my knowledg of BP is quite limited)?
> Thanks for any help.

Other Threads