Are multiple forms multi-threaded or multi-tasking?

For simplicity's sake, I have an application that has two forms in it. Both
forms do a repetetive calculation.
My question is, are the two calculations waiting for each other to finish or
are they both operating indpendently like multi-tasking or multi-threading??

Just curious about this. The answers will make me determine whether I need to
worry about threads or not?

Thanking you in advance.

Re:Are multiple forms multi-threaded or multi-tasking?

I think they are operating on the same thread useless you create a TThread
object and specify otherwise.

Will Wilson
Financial Dynamics
Will Wilson
Financial Dynamics
CWIL...@FINDYN.COM
Solutions that work

Bell's Theorem wrote:

> For simplicity's sake, I have an application that has two forms in it. Both
> forms do a repetetive calculation.
> My question is, are the two calculations waiting for each other to finish or
> are they both operating indpendently like multi-tasking or multi-threading??

If you didn't program explicitly to use multiple threads they are
executed in a
single thread. So one has to finish before the other can start.

Regards,
M.Samson
--
http://www.tucson.com/objectware
database design, reporting, query, demo tools and freebees

Re:Are multiple forms multi-threaded or multi-tasking?

In order to get the calculations to proceed simultaneously, you will
have to use threads explicitly.  Fortunately, if your're calculating,
you have a perfect use for multi-threading -- there are caveats trying
to, e.g., update display controls, from multiple threads.

Bell's Theorem wrote:

> For simplicity's sake, I have an application that has two forms in it. Both
> forms do a repetetive calculation.
> My question is, are the two calculations waiting for each other to finish or
> are they both operating indpendently like multi-tasking or multi-threading??

> Just curious about this. The answers will make me determine whether I need to
> worry about threads or not?

> Thanking you in advance.

Other Threads