interbase express

I am having a problem with the interbase express. All in all it is working
great, but what is causing me grief is the fact that when you enter in new
data, and use the Tibtransaction.commit the table is updated, but the
primary key is not. ie: enter in a new customer, and then execute a select
statement on the customers name to return the new customers primary key, and
it draws a blank. I have also tried the commitretainig, but that does not
work either.

I am also having problems with the data aware Quick Reports labels. They
don't except the data from the database on the first time a report is made,
but on the second time around they do.

If anyone else has had trouble with this, and has figured out a way around
if you could get back to me I would appreciate it.

reply to

d...@aragornresearch.com

Thanks alot