result sets from stored procs

Hi,
I had an app in D4 that used a stored proc to return a result set of
notifications.
It has been converted to ADO in D5 but I get the error of "CommandText does
not return a result set".
How do I fix this?

Re:result sets from stored procs

Use a TADOStoredProc and call Open instead of Exec.

--

Alain Quesnel
cinqsanss...@compuserve.com

"Daniel" <dan...@btsi.ws> wrote in message news:3d09c7a7_2@dnews...
> Hi,
> I had an app in D4 that used a stored proc to return a result set of
> notifications.
> It has been converted to ADO in D5 but I get the error of "CommandText
does
> not return a result set".
> How do I fix this?

Re:result sets from stored procs

I have a similar problem. I've tried both TADOStoredProc and TADODataset and
get the same error message. Must be something dumb. I don't suppose anyone
has any sample code they'd like to post, that they know works, rather than
just guessing at the answer.

"Alain Quesnel" <cinqsanss...@compuserve.com> wrote in message

> Use a TADOStoredProc and call Open instead of Exec.

> --

> Alain Quesnel
> cinqsanss...@compuserve.com

> "Daniel" <dan...@btsi.ws> wrote in message news:3d09c7a7_2@dnews...
> > Hi,
> > I had an app in D4 that used a stored proc to return a result set of
> > notifications.
> > It has been converted to ADO in D5 but I get the error of "CommandText
> does
> > not return a result set".
> > How do I fix this?

Other Threads