Problem all of a sudden with ODBC ...

Hi,
I was successfully able to automatically add ODBC DSN entries by adding
entries into the registry ODBC.INI section.
All of a sudden, I cannot add them, even manually!
When I go into the ODBC Administrator and click add and select the path and
description of my database, it just doesn't show up.
The proper entries are written to the registry, but I do not see the new
name under the System DSN listbox and therefore do not see it in the BDE.
Anyone experience this before?  I was very careful in the registry, so I
really have no idea what could have changed.
Or is there a quick fix/site to reinstall the ODBC portion I need?

Thanks!
Melissa

Re:Problem all of a sudden with ODBC ...

In article <73eln7$8u...@forums.borland.com>,
  "Melissa Mussitsch" <mussi...@sgi.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was successfully able to automatically add ODBC DSN entries by adding
> entries into the registry ODBC.INI section.
> All of a sudden, I cannot add them, even manually!
> When I go into the ODBC Administrator and click add and select the path and
> description of my database, it just doesn't show up.
> The proper entries are written to the registry, but I do not see the new
> name under the System DSN listbox and therefore do not see it in the BDE.
> Anyone experience this before?  I was very careful in the registry, so I
> really have no idea what could have changed.
> Or is there a quick fix/site to reinstall the ODBC portion I need?

What you see in the system dsn listbox is not the keys in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\odbc\odbc.ini, but the values that are entered in
the key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\odbc\odbc.ini\ODBC Data Sources. Please
check if this key and his entries are still there, if not you will need to add
the datasource names manually.

Toffie.