EExternal Exception error C0000008 with Sybase

I have a simple app that runs a SQL Query to retrieve one row from a Sybase
10.0.2.7 Database and place the results in a table.  Everything works fine,
but when I go to close the app, I receive an EExternal Exception.  Then if
I continue The next message is Runtime Error 216 at 0002cb8b.  I have
installed the 3.02 update and the new BDE 4.51.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks,

Mark Bellman
Brown, Todd & Heyburn PLLC
Louisville, KY
(502) 589-5400
ma...@spd.bth-pllc.com

Re:EExternal Exception error C0000008 with Sybase

This is problem in in your Sybase client, try get newer, or :)) write
following code in application exit procedure :
try
  MySybaseDatabase.Disconnect
except
  MySybaseDatabase.Disconnect
//  second disconnect must succeed, and I don't know why first
//  try causes exception inside sybase ctlib.dll, and also
//  Borland code in sqllink can add additional glucks due to
// this exception

Mark Bellman wrote in message <01bd1fa4$0cae5090$101510ac@markb>...
>I have a simple app that runs a SQL Query to retrieve one row from a Sybase
>10.0.2.7 Database and place the results in a table.  Everything works fine,
>but when I go to close the app, I receive an EExternal Exception.  Then if
>I continue The next message is Runtime Error 216 at 0002cb8b.  I have
>installed the 3.02 update and the new BDE 4.51.  Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.

>thanks,

>Mark Bellman
>Brown, Todd & Heyburn PLLC