Backing Up and Restoring Database Files

How do you copy a table and all of its related files to and from a
floppy drive? I tried TBatchmove, but it ony copies the table.

Thanks.

Re:Backing Up and Restoring Database Files

JSW>How do you copy a table and all of its related files to and from a
JSW>floppy drive? I tried TBatchmove, but it ony copies the table.

I don't think you have other alternatives than copying the files
by yourself.

Regards,

Jani

Jani Jarvinen, Helsinki Finland          jani.jrvi...@hiway.fipnet.fi

Check out Help Editor 2.0 for Windows at:
ftp://ftp.mpoli.fi/metropoli/windows/utils/hlped20.zip

1996: Only four years to computer confusion!
What have you done to avoid it?
---
 * SLMR 2.1a *

Re:Backing Up and Restoring Database Files

G'Day James,

James S. Wash wrote:
> How do you copy a table and all of its related files to and from a
> floppy drive? I tried TBatchmove, but it ony copies the table.

Probebly the easiest way to do it is to basically do a 'copy table.* a:'
(for a table called 'table.db'), this should copy all the associated
files. I think there is a file copying API call which you could use
(sorry don't have an api reference at work).

M@

Re:Backing Up and Restoring Database Files

I think you could watch out for a component called UBACKUP it performs a
complete backup/restore functionality of files or subdirs with few lines
of code. You could find it on compuserve for example of on
http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/~robert/delphi

Arnold
*** Those ape descendant lifeforms are so amingzly primitive that they
still think
     WIN95 is a pretty neat idea *** Arnold Ude
100112.2...@compuserver.com

Other Threads