INTERBASE: What are all these .MB/.DB files?

Hi all,

After running my app for a while, I seem to end up with a zillion .DB
and .MB files. Any ideas as to how these are being created, and
perhaps where I can tell the app to move them so I can delete them
later?

This is run Delphi 2.0 with the Local IB engine.

Thanx!

--
Will Hartung - Rancho Santa Margarita. It's a dry heat. vfr...@netcom.com
1990 VFR750 - VFR=Very Red    "Ho, HaHa, Dodge, Parry, Spin, HA! THRUST!"

Re:INTERBASE: What are all these .MB/.DB files?

Not Interbase! Interbase has one = GDB.

Those files are Paradox files. I think there is a complete listing in the
Database desktop's helpfile somewhere.

Fredrik Larsson wrote:

> Not Interbase! Interbase has one = GDB.

> Those files are Paradox files. I think there is a complete listing in the
> Database desktop's helpfile somewhere.

> > After running my app for a while, I seem to end up with a zillion .DB
> > and .MB files. Any ideas as to how these are being created, and
> > perhaps where I can tell the app to move them so I can delete them
> > later?

The Borland Database Engine uses Paradox files (.DB and .MB) for all the
temporary datasets created by an app while it is running, e.g., for
query answer sets.  The temporary tables should all be deleted
automatically if the BDE session terminates in some normal fashion --
unless, of course, you havedeliberately copied them to a table of type
ttParadox (or ttDefault, should that type evaluate to the Paradox type
on the local system).

Other Threads