Size for each root level folder

Just wondering if there is a D7 component that will traverse all root level
folders and return total number of files and total size of all folders and
files below each root folder.  This would save me having to code for
multiple levels of nested folders.
It would be even better if I could provide the starting folder and have it
drill down from there.

tia

Re:Size for each root level folder

> Just wondering if there is a D7 component that will traverse all root
level
> folders and return total number of files and total size of all folders and
> files below each root folder.  This would save me having to code for
> multiple levels of nested folders.
> It would be even better if I could provide the starting folder and have it
> drill down from there.

Look for TEasyFileSearch (about half way down the page).

http://www.torry.net/search.htm

Freeware with source.

John McTaggart

Re:Size for each root level folder

Hello Sydney,

I don't know what you are writing - but you may want to check out a tool
called "Disk Triage".  I wrote it in Delphi and sell it as shareware.
IT does what you are looking for and a lot more.

http://www.disktriage.com

Bradley

In article <3edf72d...@newsgroups.borland.com>, syd...@infosearch.com
says...

G. Bradley MacDonald wrote:
> Hello Sydney,

> I don't know what you are writing - but you may want to check out a tool
> called "Disk Triage".  I wrote it in Delphi and sell it as shareware.
> IT does what you are looking for and a lot more.

> http://www.disktriage.com

> Bradley

> In article <3edf72d...@newsgroups.borland.com>, syd...@infosearch.com
> says...
> > Just wondering if there is a D7 component that will traverse all root level
> > folders and return total number of files and total size of all folders and
> > files below each root folder.  This would save me having to code for
> > multiple levels of nested folders.
> > It would be even better if I could provide the starting folder and have it
> > drill down from there.

There's also a util called DirSizeVu: http://flymoon.free.fr/file/dsv10us.zip.
And a very nice graphical one (and free) called Fulldisk:
http://www.worldlynx.net/pgerhart/

--
Freezone Freeware and Free Delphi Components
http://freezone.darksoft.co.nz http://chuckr.bravepages.com

Re:Size for each root level folder

And my favorite freebie: Scanner: http://www.steffengerlach.de/freeware/

--
Freezone Freeware and Free Delphi Components
http://freezone.darksoft.co.nz http://chuckr.bravepages.com
http://www.bdsg.com/resources

Re:Size for each root level folder

My favourite: ShowMan

http://www.satsignal.net  =>  Disk Utilities,  ShowMan

(but I'm biased because I wrote it!).  The PieChart and TreeScanner
components used are freely available.

Cheers,
David

Other Threads