notify change in dbf-file (peer-to-peer)

I'm writing a program where 2 PC's are accessing the same dbf-file.
Local share=true
How do I know if a record from the dbf-file has been changed by any of
the two PC's accessing the dbf-file.
I would like to show a message every time there has been a change.
I've tried all the events of the component table.
None are triggered when the remote computer changes data.
What can I do

Thanks

Re:notify change in dbf-file (peer-to-peer)

John

Because the exe is running on two separate PCs, and the BDE(?) is as well,
they don't know about any changes the other made.

The only way around it, that I can think of off the top of my head, is to
create a "Tablechanged" table, use the name of each PC as part of the
record, time, and record changed, then read that table using a timer event.
That should work *most* of the time.

Alan Jeffery
Professional Systems

"John" <joh...@softhome.net> wrote in message

> I'm writing a program where 2 PC's are accessing the same dbf-file.
> Local share=true
> How do I know if a record from the dbf-file has been changed by any of
> the two PC's accessing the dbf-file.
> I would like to show a message every time there has been a change.
> I've tried all the events of the component table.
> None are triggered when the remote computer changes data.
> What can I do

> Thanks

Other Threads