Field size mismatch with IBX components

Hi,

with some database , after some changes, the IBDataset component will
increase a varchar field by 2.

so -> let say we have a field which is VARCHAR(70) , then IBDataSet will say
its VARCHAR(72)

this happens when i increase a fieldsize with alter table commands

so after an

ALTER TABLE tablename ALTER columnname TYPE VARCHAR(70);

anybody know this problem ?

Re:Field size mismatch with IBX components

I belive this is a known bug in Interbase, i.e. Alter table somethimes
increases size of varchars with 2.
Try to drop filed and add again.

--
Bojidar Alexanrov
developer at

"Lucas Vos" <v...@lucrasoft.nl> wrote in message

Hi,

with some database , after some changes, the IBDataset component will
increase a varchar field by 2.

so -> let say we have a field which is VARCHAR(70) , then IBDataSet will say
its VARCHAR(72)

this happens when i increase a fieldsize with alter table commands

so after an

ALTER TABLE tablename ALTER columnname TYPE VARCHAR(70);

anybody know this problem ?

Other Threads