Ressource problems delphi 4 under Win95

Hello!

We have an application using quickreport 2 under delphi3 which runs
perfectly under windows NT and windows 95/98 with 32 MB RAM. After
converting it to delphi4 and quickreport3 it still runs under windows NT
with 32 MB RAM but it doesn't run any more unde windows 95/98 with 128 MB
RAM. The application shows an 'access violation error' or an 'out of
ressources error' when I try to create a form which contains a quickreport.

Does anybody have an idea how to cure this problem (except changing to
windows NT for all users) ?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Ralf M?rte

Re:Ressource problems delphi 4 under Win95

Quick Reports is mis-reporting an error. It's a frustrating problem because the
bug that's causing the error can't be corrected conventionally. Here's what I
had to do:

Create a new form.
Place a new Quick Report control on the form and create the same bands as the
broken report.
Open the broken report and copy all of the controls from each band (Do not copy
multiple bands at the same time) and then paste them into the new report. If
you have any event code firing behind the report be sure to copy it too.
Once the new report is created, change the code to call the new report.
Unless you have bad event code, this should fix the problem.

Paul C.

CA wrote:
> Hello!

> We have an application using quickreport 2 under delphi3 which runs
> perfectly under windows NT and windows 95/98 with 32 MB RAM. After
> converting it to delphi4 and quickreport3 it still runs under windows NT
> with 32 MB RAM but it doesn't run any more unde windows 95/98 with 128 MB
> RAM. The application shows an 'access violation error' or an 'out of
> ressources error' when I try to create a form which contains a quickreport.

> Does anybody have an idea how to cure this problem (except changing to
> windows NT for all users) ?

> Thanks in advance and kind regards

> Ralf M?rte

Other Threads