How to Create Replicable control for use with DBCtrlGrid control

Does anybody know how to Create Replicable control for use with DBCtrlGrid
control. I am trying to adapt DBRichEdit control for use with that control
but without success.

Thanks in advance,
Zdenko Skiljan

Re:How to Create Replicable control for use with DBCtrlGrid control

Zdenko Skiljan wrote:

> Does anybody know how to Create Replicable control for use with DBCtrlGrid
> control. I am trying to adapt DBRichEdit control for use with that control
> but without success.

> Thanks in advance,
> Zdenko Skiljan

Include  csReplicatable In the controlstyle (or componentstate).

Re:How to Create Replicable control for use with DBCtrlGrid control

It is VERY difficult to write controls that work on a DBGtrlGrid.

You have to impliment the PaintTo state as the TDBEdit, etc. do as
well as including csReplication in ComponentStyle.

I can walk you through a little of it (I have one success and one
failure doing it).

Cheers

rha...@santacruz.com (Richard C Haven) wrote:

>It is VERY difficult to write controls that work on a DBGtrlGrid.
>You have to impliment the PaintTo state as the TDBEdit, etc. do as
>well as including csReplication in ComponentStyle.

Can you tell me were the problems are or might occur? With Delphi 2.01
I created a descendant of TDBImage and simply added csReplicatable(!) to
ControlStyle(!) in the Create method.

This descendant of TDBImage works perfectly for me in many TDBCtrlGrids.
I checked for repainting problems but I never could produce any. For me it
works perfectly well. I heard, the TDBImage of Delphi 3 works quite well in a
TDBGrid either and doesn't need patching or descendant to work.

Other Threads