DeLux: Converter VB to Delphi - Experiences?

Hi!

Has anybody tried the tool DeLux, which claims to be able to convert VB
source code to Delphi?
Does it the job or is it only useful for very small and simple projects?

Thanks,
Marcel

Re:DeLux: Converter VB to Delphi - Experiences?

Marcel Lttmann <luettm...@ihr-internet.de> schreef in berichtnieuws
3BBCA0A4.730E3...@ihr-internet.de...

> Hi!

> Has anybody tried the tool DeLux, which claims to be able to convert VB
> source code to Delphi?
> Does it the job or is it only useful for very small and simple projects?

> Thanks,
> Marcel

I don't know DeLux, but what I've heard from other so-called "converters" is
that they do a very mediocre job, or do not work at all, except for
extremely simple projects.
It's like trying to convert a Volkswagen to an F16 <g>

--
Regards,

Dirk Claessens
http://www.claessens16.yucom.be
Attention: All spamshields raised; E-mails will bounce!

Re:DeLux: Converter VB to Delphi - Experiences?

I agree.  The languages are very different, and as a general rule,
"language conversions" rarely work even if done by humans.  If the app
is written in VB (poor thing...) then it should probably stay in VB.