Need source for TCP/IP PING utility

To make a simple network management tool in Delphi i need the source
code of a program to PING nodes knowing their IP address.

Can somebody help me to this ?

Tom Nieuwenhuizen

Re:Need source for TCP/IP PING utility

Tom,
        The folks at MGsoft which sell a great WinSNMP stack have a demo which
shows the ICMP code tyo use under Delphi.  There was also a component called
MSPING if I recall that includes a ping and traceroute capabiolity (I am not
sure of the page).

If you are looking for a program to do checks, yoiu might want to check out -

 http://www.digitaldaze.com/estrella/Programs/index.html or
 http://www.eaglenet.com/pinger/Programs/index.html.

There you will find information about a network monitoring program Iwrote in
Delphi to ping system and display information when they don't respond or
respond too slow.

regards, Gus

T. Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> To make a simple network management tool in Delphi i need the source
> code of a program to PING nodes knowing their IP address.

> Can somebody help me to this ?

> Tom Nieuwenhuizen

| Gus Estrella                         International Bull Telecomunications |
| Manager, Network Management Systems                           Groupe Bull |
| G.Estre...@bull.com                  http://www.digitaldaze.com/estrella/ |
|     "Don't assume intent or malice until stupidity has been ruled out"    |