TRich Edit > 64K Problem

While TRich Edit will surely load and save files > 64K, I have
discovered that the control will not edit a huge file when the editing
process adds more characters to the file than were originally loaded.
For example, load a file of 125K in TRich Edit and hit the carriage
return or try to add more text, and the control will not accept the
added text unless some characters are first deleted.  It seems as if the
control reserves only enough memory to initially load the file, but not
enough to expand its size at run-time. Is this a bug, a feature, or a
problem that can be solved with program code (or have I missed some
obvious explanation)?

Thanks much!
--
Roger C. Spaeder [spae...@ix.netcom.com] {*word*269}ia