Concatenate 2 text fields in SP

All,

    I thought I might get a couple ideas from this group.  A coworker needs
to concatenate two text fields in a trigger ( MSSQL 7.0).  You are not
allowed to have local variables declared as text fields as far as I can
tell.  Any ideas on how to do this within a trigger ( stored proc ) ?

TIA

Patrick

Re:Concatenate 2 text fields in SP

Patrick

> You are not
> allowed to have local variables declared as text fields as far as I can
> tell.  Any ideas on how to do this within a trigger ( stored proc ) ?

It's not standard but you can use a varbinary(16) and store TEXTPTR for that
column

Joe

Other Threads