SQL Server - different Edit behaviour between BDE and ADO

SQL Server 7.0 Delphi 5.0:

When editing a BDE query/table string field it is possible to insert
text until the maximum number of characters has been reached.  Using ADO
it is as if the field is padded with spaces at the end and so you have
to trim before you can insert text.

Can anyone explain this behaviour please?

TIA

Regards

Dave Sharples
Da...@kipping.demon.co.uk

Re:SQL Server - different Edit behaviour between BDE and ADO

Following on from my original question, the problem does not exist using
Paradox tables.  That is the behaviour using ADO is the same as using
the BDE.  This only confuses me more ...

Dave Sharples

Other Threads