SQL Server 7.0, Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01

I have a Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01, and I pretend use Sql Server 7.0 but I
don't view
tables with fields type NCHAR, NVARCHAR and NTEXT.

Thanks.

Enrique Rangel
ADSI

Re:SQL Server 7.0, Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01

As I said in another posted message it happens the same to me but just with
ntext fields . In addition to Database Desktop I use my own Database Manager
(it was written for our own Cobol compiler www.nigsun.es ) and the error
happens when the table is opened . Even capturing the exception , the error
stills happens . When tracing the program no error is found when the the
table is assigned to the dbgrid component but when the table is opened , and
then is an error from the sqlsrvr32.dll . Ive been unable to find another
error (even with the database manager source code , as I wrote it...)  so I
guessed it is a SQL link problem , but the problem is found too with othe
ODBC drivers than SQL links. So we have a problem but not a solution...

                                                                    Regards

                                                                    Pablo

Enrique Rangel escribi en mensaje <81v8fp$cg...@forums.borland.com>...

>I have a Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01, and I pretend use Sql Server 7.0 but I
>don't view
>tables with fields type NCHAR, NVARCHAR and NTEXT.

>Thanks.

>Enrique Rangel
>ADSI

Re:SQL Server 7.0, Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01

if you get the values {blob} instead of the actual Text value

do this.

Query.FieldByName('Field').AsString;

This will give you the text value ...

hope it helpped ...
--
Sandro Noel
System Administrator

Enrique Rangel <eran...@telnor.net> wrote in message

> I have a Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01, and I pretend use Sql Server 7.0 but I
> don't view
> tables with fields type NCHAR, NVARCHAR and NTEXT.

> Thanks.

> Enrique Rangel
> ADSI

Re:SQL Server 7.0, Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01

If you guys are using the SQLLib to access SQL Server anyway, might I
suggest that you just skip all of the BDE stuff and go with a MUCH
thinner solution?  The SQLQuery product (see the vendors section of
the Borland site) seems to have a pretty good following...

Just a thought,

MDBritt

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:33:02 +0100, "Pablo Sentis" <grupoi...@ctv.es>
wrote:

>As I said in another posted message it happens the same to me but just with
>ntext fields . In addition to Database Desktop I use my own Database Manager
>(it was written for our own Cobol compiler www.nigsun.es ) and the error
>happens when the table is opened . Even capturing the exception , the error
>stills happens . When tracing the program no error is found when the the
>table is assigned to the dbgrid component but when the table is opened , and
>then is an error from the sqlsrvr32.dll . Ive been unable to find another
>error (even with the database manager source code , as I wrote it...)  so I
>guessed it is a SQL link problem , but the problem is found too with othe
>ODBC drivers than SQL links. So we have a problem but not a solution...

>                                                                    Regards

>                                                                    Pablo

>Enrique Rangel escribi en mensaje <81v8fp$cg...@forums.borland.com>...
>>I have a Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01, and I pretend use Sql Server 7.0 but I
>>don't view
>>tables with fields type NCHAR, NVARCHAR and NTEXT.

>>Thanks.

>>Enrique Rangel
>>ADSI

MDBritt

Please respond to newsgroup only: No personal email will be answered.

Re:SQL Server 7.0, Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01

I can communicate with the SQL Server 7.0, the problem is: the fields with
type
Nchar, Nvarchar or Ntext, I don't can viewing.

Thank's Sandro.

Sandro Noel <sn...@proxyma.net> wrote in message

> if you get the values {blob} instead of the actual Text value

> do this.

> Query.FieldByName('Field').AsString;

> This will give you the text value ...

> hope it helpped ...
> --
> Sandro Noel
> System Administrator
> Delphi Programmer

> Enrique Rangel <eran...@telnor.net> wrote in message
> > I have a Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01, and I pretend use Sql Server 7.0 but
> > don't view
> > tables with fields type NCHAR, NVARCHAR and NTEXT.

> > Thanks.

> > Enrique Rangel
> > ADSI

Re:SQL Server 7.0, Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01

Enrique.

yes ... if you read my first post .. i gave you a line of code to view the
fields ...

Greetings
Sandro Noel

> I can communicate with the SQL Server 7.0, the problem is: the fields with
> type
> Nchar, Nvarchar or Ntext, I don't can viewing.

> Thank's Sandro.

> Sandro Noel <sn...@proxyma.net> wrote in message
> > if you get the values {blob} instead of the actual Text value

> > do this.

> > Query.FieldByName('Field').AsString;

> > This will give you the text value ...

> > hope it helpped ...
> > --
> > Sandro Noel
> > System Administrator
> > Delphi Programmer

> > Enrique Rangel <eran...@telnor.net> wrote in message
> > > I have a Delphi 4 C/S and BDE 5.01, and I pretend use Sql Server 7.0
but
> > > don't view
> > > tables with fields type NCHAR, NVARCHAR and NTEXT.

> > > Thanks.

> > > Enrique Rangel
> > > ADSI

Other Threads