Form.Print prints blank page on some computers not others

I'm having problems printing forms from some computers using the Print
method of TForm.  The result is always a blank page.  So far it appears to
effect only Win95 computers.  I suspect it is operating system related and
that the system has some dll or driver problems.  I am not printing direct
to the printer (using the spooler).  I've installed fresh printer drivers
but the problem still remains.  I've tried printing to three different
printers from the bad system and every one produces a blank page.  I can
print just fine from Word or other non VCL programs (this is what bothers
me).  I've taken screen captures and pasted into Word then stretched to fit
the page (this prints great).

Any ideas??

Thanks

Re:Form.Print prints blank page on some computers not others

Steve Westerhouse wrote:

> I'm having problems printing forms from some computers using the Print
> method of TForm.  The result is always a blank page.  So far it appears to
> effect only Win95 computers.

        Form.Print has never worked reliably, and Borland has shown little
interest in fixing it.  I strongly recommend not using it.  Your options
are:

o  Search the community site for "A Better Way to Print a Form."  This
works fairly well, with certain limitations (it won't print stuf which
has scrolled out of view, for example).

o  Do it yourself.  Draw to the printer's canvas.

o  Buy Joe Hecht's ~$200 TExcellentFormPrinter, which purports to do
pretty much anything you'd ever want a form printer to do.

o  Buy a general-purpose reporting tool such as ReportBuilder or
ReportPrinter and create a nice-looking printout.

        HTH,

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz            Vertex Systems Corporation
Senior Developer        http://www.vertexsoftware.com

Re:Form.Print prints blank page on some computers not others

> o  Buy Joe Hecht's ~$200 TExcellentFormPrinter, which purports to do
> pretty much anything you'd ever want a form printer to do.

$199.00

Available at:

http://www.code4sale.com/joehecht/

Joe